Friday, March 16, 2012

...About Baking Macaroons Successfully

Finally! Well actually this was months ago but, my mom and I finally managed to successfully bake macaroons. Just follow the recipe I've posted up, follow it exactly and you can't go wrong!

 Finally got to use my mom's KitchenAid mixer. Ain't it just shiny and pweeeeetty????

 Beating the egg whites.

Okay, my pictures skipped a whole lot of steps but what the heck! All piped out and left to dry.

Dry it out until it doesn't stick to your finger when you touch it.

Voila! Tip though, don't be lazy like my mom and I by just folding the parchment paper to fit the tray, please cut the paper, cos the folded edge will lift up, causing your macaroon to slide. Observe the one on the bottom right of the picture >_<

All in all, it was a success! Do try the recipe. Very sweet though. We're gonna try and see how much sugar we can reduce without spoiling the recipe.

Happy Baking!

No comments: