Friday, November 25, 2011

...About Eat, Pray, Love

Image from here
 There's gonna be loads of long overdue book reviews. Scratch that, all my posts are long overdue posts. Ahaks, what can I say, I put the 'pro' in 'procrastination'.

So here it goes.

It took me days to finish this book. Like 5 days. partly because I was reading it at work, so I couldn't go through so many pages at time. Plus the fact that it's a slow book.

Don't get me wrong, it's a nice book. Not fiction though, more like autobiography-ish. But the story kinda like unfolds slowly. You sort of actually go on a journey with the writer. If I could afford it I would love to do what the writer did, take a year off and live abroad in 3 different countries, learn a new language.

Some of the stuff the writer went through is a bit out of this world. I can grasp the eat and love part of the book, but not the pray part. It's just too weird for me, if you've read it you'll get what I mean.

This is a great book to enjoy the leisurely pace.

Now all I have to do is watch the movie and compare the hell out of it.

2 comments:

Senorita Valentina said...

I put the Tina in procraTINAtion yo! LOL...

Read the book but I haven't seen the movie either! Don't really get the Pray part either.

Diyana said...

hahahahaha.

I know rite? the praying part is just too weird for me. but i guess just cos it's different. to each his own!